Support for young parents
Additional support for young parents
Learning to be a parent is a new experience for everyone, but when you’re a teenager it can be especially challenging. We have a team dedicated to working with young parents, to make sure you get all of the help you need.
When you choose to have your baby with us, you’ll receive more information about each of these stages, but if you have any questions ask your GP or contact us.
“The midwives made me feel comfortable and I could ask for anything.” Sophie
Help with breastfeeding
Our infant feeding team can visit you in hospital, at home or see you in a local children’s centre or Baby Café. We’re proud to be part ofUnicefs ‘Baby Friendly Initiative’, supporting the loving bond and a vital difference to health that breastfeeding makes. You can find out more about our Breastfeeding support here
You can get support and advice from:
- Brook – visit your nearest Brook service for free confidential advice if you're under 25, or use the Ask Brook online service
- Family Lives – visit the website or call 0808 800 2222 for support for families, including young parents
- Tommy's – visit this website led by midwives for the latest information for parents-to-be
- Family Nurse Partnership – a family nurse may be able to visit your home, if you're young parents, to support you from early pregnancy until your child is 2
- Shelter – a national housing charity that can advise you about housing options and housing benefits for young parents; visit their website or call them on 0808 800 4444