Healthwatch Croydon works to get the best out of local health and social care services and ensure they respond to the voice of Croydon residents.
From improving services today, to helping shape better ones for tomorrow, Healthwatch Croydon listens to their views and experiences and then influence decision-making.
While independent of any health service provider, it works closely Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, making suggestions of how services could be improved, sometimes visiting wards and services and asking patients what they think of services. it also works closely with the Trust's Patient and Liaison Services (PALS) team and also help find volunteers for the Trust’s engagement and feedback groups.
Healthwatch Croydon has a number of legal functions, under the 2012 Health and Social Care Act including:
- Gathering views and understanding experiences of patients and the public.
- Making people's views known and acting as a credible voice at strategic meetings.
- Supporting the involvement of people in the commissioning, provision and scrutiny of services.
- Recommending investigation of review of services via Healthwatch England or the Care Quality Commission
- Signposting for access to services and support for making informed choices,
- Making the experiences of people known to Healthwatch England and other local Healthwatches.