- Address: Shirley Clinic 135 Shirley Road, Croydon, CR0 7LR
- Reception phone number: 020 8714 2800
Health Visitors for Older People
The HVOP team visits people in their home and provides a supportive service to vulnerable, frail, isolated older people in order to maintain independence and prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
The team works closely with families and carers and each patient is managed on a case-by-case basis at regular multidisciplinary team meetings.
HVOP offer a holistic assessment of a patients needs and provide a gateway to a variety of health and social services to promote independence:
- Falls and accident prevention
- Advice on benefit entitlement, housing options, home safety, social networks, travel etc.
- Health and nutrition support
- Bereavement support
- Carer stress support
The team consists of qualified health visitors, community nurses and is supported by health visitor support workers.
The service is predominantly for older adults but on occasions will meet the parallel needs of younger adults – for example those with pre-senile dementia, MS and Parkinson’s disease and support for younger adult carers. It does however, by definition, exclude children.
The following criteria have been identified as suitable for referral:
- Identified need – isolated, frail, vulnerable older people – deemed not coping
- Falls and accident prevention – prevention of hospital admission
- Recent bereavement and/or carer stress
- Assessment for equipment to support independence
- Health promotion and/or health education
How to refer
Fax completed referral form and medical summary to:
North locality (Shirley Clinic): 0208 714 2913
South and central locality (Norbury Health Clinic): 020 8662 1325
Referrals are prioritised based on need and an appointment is made with the client for a home visit.
135 Shirley Road
Tel: 020 8714 2800
Fax: 020 8714 2913
Norbury Health Clinic
2B Pollards Hill North
Tel: 0208 714 2900
Fax: 020 8662 1325