This service works closely with health and social care professionals to identify vulnerable people 60 years and over who we can help to discharge home safely and quickly and prevent readmission by providing practical and emotional support for up to 4 weeks
- Base: Croydon University Hospital
- Service Delivery Office: Croydon Support At Home,
- Directorate: Integrated Adult Care
- Service Manager Lead: Alex Bigucci
- Service Contact: BRCCroydonSAH@redcross.org.uk
- Address: Woodcroft Wing, Croydon University Hospital, 530 London Road., Croydon, CR7 7YE
- Reception phone number: Tel: 0208 401 3590 / 07739 475 733 Email: BRCCroydonSAH@redcross.org.uk
- Service hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
About the service
In the community we liaise with and link service users into statutory, primary and voluntary services to increase resilience and independence.
This is achieved by:
- Escorting or settling patients on return home.
- Facilitating early and safe discharge from hospital via a range of activities such as: welfare check, key cutting, providing clothes, accepting deliveries of medical equipment at the patients` property and giving access for pest control, keysafe and Careline installation.
- Following the hospital discharge, we visit our service users for practical and emotional support up to four weeks. The services provided include the following:
- Collecting or assisting with shopping
- Light housework and bed making
- Accompanying to and from outpatient and GP appointments.
- Friendly chats and befriending
- Prescription collection
- Medication reminding
- Light food and drink preparation
- Liaising with and linking service users into statutory, primary and voluntary services to increase resilience and independence.
How much will it cost?
The service is free to use.
How to access this service:
The service is for people 60 years old or over living in Croydon. Referrals can be made by hospital staff either by phone, in person, or email. After a referral has been made, the patient will be assessed and an individually tailored support plan will be agreed with them. You can access the referral form here CUH Independent Living Referral Form 2018.docx
What happens next?
Once we receive a referral we will confirm receipt and arrange an assessment with the referee/client. We will visit the referee/client within 48hrs or within the week dependent upon their needs/wishes.