Essential improvement works are currently taking place to the drainage systems in the CUH Emergency Department (ED). These necessary improvements will involve some significant internal and external building works along with some minor maintenance.
· Engineers will be on site within the ED, making additional upgrades to the internal and external drainage system.
· All contractors will be asked to comply with the Trust’s guidance on infection control and personal protective equipment (PPE).
· You may experience intermittent noise disruption due to drilling into the ceiling in a number of areas within the department.
· External works may impact the public car park. Traffic will be redirected during this time.
· There will be significant works underground, which will be accessed from manholes both inside and outside the Emergency Department. This work requires a small, tented area to be cordoned off within some sections of the Department allowing works to be completed efficiently and safely.
As we provide care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we cannot schedule these works out of hours, however we are working alongside contractors and clinicians within ED to keep this disruption to a minimum. We expect these works to be completed early in the Autumn.
We thank you for your cooperation and patience at this time.