- Address: Broad Green Centre, 1-13 Lodge Road, Croydon, CR0 2DP
About the service
The Neuropsychology Service provides a service for people over 18 years (or 16+ and not in full time education) that have had a recent diagnosis/change in circumstances (e.g. going back to work) following stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis or other identified acquired neurological disorders with an organic basis. We do not see people who have significant cognitive decline or who have a primary diagnosis of a Learning Disability, Dyslexia or disorders such as Autistic Spectrum Disorders.
Aim of Service:
- To provide specialist assessment of strengths and impairments in cognitive functioning i.e. thinking, memory, problem-solving, intellectual skills, that arise subsequent to acquired neurological disorders.
- To provide advice and therapy strategies to help people cope with problems affecting memory, perception, concentration and other aspects of intellectual functioning and to become as independent as possible.
- To deliver psychoeducational groups that provide advice on cognitive and emotional coping strategies for clients, carers and other interested parties.
- To deliver evidence based psychological therapies to help emotional adjustment to neurological disorders.
- To provide teaching and consultation to colleagues on neuropsychological issues.
- We also work alongside the Croydon Community Neurorehabilitation Team where we offer time- limited, goal-focused, multi-disciplinary rehabilitation in the community to clients who meet the referral criteria.
Who to refer:
- The service is available to individuals who are registered with a Croydon GP and reside in, or close to, Croydon.
- Individuals who need assessment of cognitive and/or emotional difficulties following the neuropsychological incident and support adjusting to physical and/or intellectual disabilities that have resulted in significant changes in their daily functioning, such as home activities, self-care, caring for children, work, social life.
Referrals can be made by post or email.
Patients are contacted within two weeks of receipt of a referral with the outcome of their referral.
Telephone: 020 8274 6492
Address: Broad Green Centre, 1 -13 Lodge Road, Croydon, CR0 2PD
Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:00 Monday - Friday